Secret of Yogi #4 - A Yogi Knows that Success is Not an "I" Thing but a "We" Attainment.
Your success are granted to you because of your effort in life and the good karma you have accumulated in this life or past lives, yet it isn't attained by your power alone.
I can almost feel the resistance coming from some of my readers as I am writing this. We have become such an egotistical society in the West that when we "acquire" success in our lives we think we did it alone!
On one hand it is true, we put in the effort to get to the point where we are today but on the other hand did we truly make it happen on our own?
Luckily, I now know better and will emphatically say no. I didn't do anything alone in my life in any of the "successes" I have ever had.
There has always been others in my vicinity that either believed in me, gave me tips on how to proceed, I have been mentored in what I teach today, and continue to be. I have had teams of people that worked for me that helped follow my vision to achieve success, I had the support of best friends and even strangers to get me to where I am today. Without them my "successes" would have been impossible and truthfully meaningless (but that's another topic).
I have taught yoga in many different facilities and saw these places transform drastically because of what yoga will bring to a space spiritually. I have seen people thrive around these energies and recreate themselves riding the wave of spiritual creativity.
Yet they seem to think it was their doing all alone. It surprises me when I see this but I have to let it be .
These people's ego is so bloated they cannot see beyond it.
Some do acknowledge that there is another power at work that is bigger than them. Yet if they didn't put in the effort in the first place nothing would have changed. It's a two way streets. We can't go in on any journey alone. Arrive a time when we start to see that a miracle is taking place because everything is changing and we have to accept that we have an invisible guidance, a helping hand that is at play in our life.
When you have attended a group yoga class verses practicing at home alone, you know there is a huge difference in energy, don't you?
We, as a group have created a space of energy that is beyond our current attainment alone. As a group we rise in awareness to a degree, with the teacher orchestrating the class and following his / her vision the result can be huge and even though it isn't seen with the eyes we can feel the change in us.
We didn't do it alone, it was a "We" thing!
To take it one step further. Some of you may have developed your own spiritual exercises every day whether meditation, spiritual contemplation, chanting, repeating a mantra, or praying,..
And you have noticed that after your practice you are completely different and after a while you know you are elated, more aware, more awake.
You start Loving yourself more and in return loving others more easily. You accept the world as it is and are more interested in changing yourself than being an activist in the world. You know the change start with yourself and within.
Was that you all alone that made this happen? Not at all.
As you participated in these spiritual exercises, day in and day out, and whether you know it or not, you called upon a higher power to help you to see clearer, feel better about yourself, and uplift you from your mind's antics and negativity.
Again we are not doing this all on our own there is a spiritual power that comes in and brings to us what we desire if we are pure/ sincere enough to receive it.
Yes we actuate the first step into motion and have strived to get these gifts of spirituality, but we couldn't have made it happen without divine intervention.
Creation and success is a "We" thing not an "I" thing.
Come a time that we wise up enough to see this. And we look at the people in our lives as a gift, we don't have thoughts of discarding them because they are different or they seemed insignificant at one point to our success or having no part of it.
Everything around us makes us who we are today. Success is a result of many components seen or unseen.
Being inclusive is the better way and the bigger way. Recognizing and accepting that maybe people in our community have more to do with our success than we can see at this time, is an important step to becoming a better Yogi and finding our Truth.
4. Real life is nothing like we have been told; life is harsh and one wrong choice/move can change things forever.
5. Turn your tongue 7 times in your mouth before speaking; it will give you time to think about what you are about to say. (French expression)
6. No matter how you look at it and how full your life is; you are always alone.
7. People can't hear you nor see you; they only live within their own pains, and only hear their problems when you speak. What we see or hear is a reflection of our subjective imagery in our own mind.
8. Create time NOW for the things you always wanted to do; tomorrow is an illusion.
9. No one is interested in the truth because it is usually too painful to hear.
10. Life comprises of a variety of individuals with different opinions on life; don't let your differences of opinion with another make it a deal breaker. Instead keep an open mind and cherish their differences and the enriching experience it brings you.
11. Humility is the one remedy to the illnesses of the mind such as: - an over bloated ego - self-righteousness or feeling that you know better than another - the know it all syndrome - the superiority complex - not willing to be wrong - and many others that you can come up with yourself.
12. Your past creates who you are today, so don't discard it, be proud of what it has made you into.
Marie-Aude Preau Intuitive Holistic Health Coach / Yoga Instructor
Born and raised in France, I left my home country in my late teens pursuing a dream. I knew I would live in the USA and that it was my destiny.