A warm welcome to our new students!
Starting up yoga is never easy and feels a little intimidating at first. But we soon don't regret it and feel so grateful to have made it to a yoga studio.
To help you out in your first step with our studio please read the following. If you have anymore questions call us (505) 407-4020.
Welcome to Higher Altitude Yoga!
1. Start with Revitalize Flow or Restore & Heal Yoga or Yoga 101 (available once a year) and complete at least 10 weeks of yoga.
2. For best result allocate some of your time to at least 1 session per week. Visit the page FAQ to learn about the studio, the ethic of yoga, and how to take your first class, or call (505) 407-4020
3. Be patient with yourself and don't judge your progress too quickly. We often have difficulty seeing how well we are doing. Our expectations of ourselves are often too high or too low.
4. What matters is being present in class and following instruction. All will make sense in time.
5. Yoga will work on you from the inside out (not the reverse). The changes will be apparent in your behavior, state of mind, physical well being, and in your day to day activities. Give it a chance for it to manifest!
6. Give yourself at least 10 weeks before deciding what yoga is or does for you.
7. Communicate with your instructor about any injuries or surgeries you may have or had or any special need before starting class.
8. Join our mailing list to stay updated with new classes & Higher Altitude Yoga's Health & Nutrition Newsletter. Add your date of birth and receive a free class on your birthday!
9. Learn to relax as best you can while in class, and most of all have fun!
10. Keep a yoga journal every time you take a class. Write down the experience you had in class, what went well and what seemed to have been a challenge, how you felt after class vs. when you came in, how your body feels with each class, the new insight you have about life, about yourself, about your spiritual unfoldment.
11. Visit the Student Ethic Page to learn more about what is asked of you and you'll learn the principles of yoga as well.
12. visit the class schedule and see if you can work with what we offer
What to bring and wear for class:
"Excellent, excellent beginner class. Marie is a patient and enthusiastic instructor. Each week is a little more challenging and builds on the previous weeks experience. Very enjoyable. I look forward to the next class."
Jen S. Tijeras, NM
"I’m still sore in parts this morning so that reveals how out of shape I am!! It was awesome, loved the class, the pace and the instruction were perfect. And, you kept it light. I keep thinking about one moment where you said “don’t panic”. Just what I needed."
Jody P. - Cedar Crest, NM
Beginner series (valid Jan 21 - March 4, 2019)
7 weeks series is designed for anyone wanting to learn yoga from A to Z. this series is good for complete new students as well as students who want to review their yoga posture that will support their current practice.
Learn yogic breathing technique, learn basic yoga posture (Asanas), learn correct alignment, build stamina, strength, flexibility, learn to relax and feel better after each class.
Limited space - classes good for this series only - if you miss one class you can make it up with another one available on schedule that same week- no refund -
Contact us for any questions.
Price without Discount: $98 + Gross Receipt Tax
Cotton Southwestern Mexican Vintage Blanket - light brown/red/green/blue/white
Vintage cotton & acrylic heavy blanket with vibrant colors. Feels very heavy and thick.
Extra Large size: 84" X 55" (approximately) 7' X 4.5'
Gorgeous multi color and unique style: Saddle brown, dark chocolate brown, royal blue, red, baby pink, medium sea green, pale green, and white.Would make for a great yoga blanket, wall decoration, or keep on the coach for cold winter night.
Heavy well woven blanket with no deterioration. In extremely good condition.
Gross Receipt Tax will be added(Price include $13 S&H. For pick-up $13 will be deducted)
Traditional South Western Vintage Blanket - fuchsia/ burgandy/ black
A great quality vintage standard size blanket handmade in Mexico. Perfect for yoga or any other usage such as picnic, seat cover, wall decoration, horse back riding, and more.
50% acrilyc and 50% cotton. Very soft and feels luxurious. Heavy blanket tightly woven.
Vibrant colors: fuchsia, burgundy and black with short fringes
Size: 70" X 50" (approximately)
Price include $13 priority shipping in the USA. If you live nearby and want to pick it up, shipping will be subtracted. Gross Receipt Tax will be added to the sale
South Western Mexican Vintage Blankets - baby pink/ heather grey/ black/ white
Vintage blankets, great for yoga, excellent quality and beautiful unusual pastel color.
Buy this blankets to suit your restorative yoga practice. Can be use also for seat or table cover, picnic, car, horse back riding, wall decoration, and more.
100% acrilyc and soft.
Color: baby pink, dark heather grey, black, white.Regular size: 70" X 45" (each blanket)
Gross Receipt Tax will be added.The price includes Shipping & Handling ($15)