1. Start with Therapeutic Flow or Restorative Friday or Yoga 101 (available once a year) and complete at least 10 weeks of yoga.
2. For best result allocate some of your time to at least 1 session per week. Visit the page FAQ to learn about the studio, the ethic of yoga, and how to take your first class, or call (505) 407-4020
3. Be patient with yourself and don't judge your progress too quickly. We often have difficulty seeing how well we are doing. Our expectations of ourselves are often too high or too low.
4. What matters is being present in class and following instruction. All will make sense in time.
5. Yoga will work on you from the inside out (not the reverse). The changes will be apparent in your behavior, state of mind, physical well being, and in your day to day activities. Give it a chance for it to manifest!
6. Give yourself at least 10 weeks before deciding what yoga is or does for you.
7. Communicate with your instructor about any injuries or surgeries you may have or had or any special need before starting class.
8. Join our mailing list to stay updated with new classes & Higher Altitude Yoga's Health & Nutrition Newsletter. Add your date of birth and receive a free class on your birthday!
9. Learn to relax as best you can while in class, and most of all have fun!
10. Keep a yoga journal every time you take a class. Write down the experience you had in class, what went well and what seemed to have been a challenge, how you felt after class vs. when you came in, how your body feels with each class, the new insight you have about life, etc.
11. Visit the Student Ethic Page to learn more about what is asked of you and you'll learn the principles of yoga as well
"Excellent, excellent beginner class. Marie is a patient and enthusiastic instructor. Each week is a little more challenging and builds on the previous weeks experience. Very enjoyable. I look forward to the next class."
Jen S. Tijeras, NM
Which class should I take for my level?
Step 1: Choose from gentle yoga styles
Therapeutic Flow will help new students ease into yoga flow and learn yoga. Design to rehabilitate students with physical limitations or injuries. This class will help you harmonize the mental, emotional, and spiritual bodies without trying.
Excellent class for beginners, seniors,and injured students
Restorative Friday is the class you need when you feel exhausted and need to slow down. Recover from adrenal fatigue, a long work week, dealing with chronic pains and lack of strength. This class will take you on a mini vacation to help you rest away from home and the demands of a busy lifestyle. Your nervous system will finally unwind and decompress.
Yoga 101 - 7 Weeks Series: Jan/Feb 2017 - TBD
Learn yoga basics from the ground up. Beginners will learn yogic breath techniques, simple yoga poses and discover good posture within each poses. We use props, we relax, and we slowly become more aware of our body while gaining flexibility, strength, vigor, and balance.
your aches and pains will dissipate within a couple of sessions and your life will improve drastically by the end of this series.
This class can prepare students to practice yoga in other level classes. Also good for current students who wish to take a gentle yoga class.
(Series available once or twice a year)
Step 2: Choose from these dynamic yoga classes
Vinyasa Slow Flow (level 1) is a combo of Therapeutic Flow and Slow Flow. You get the best of both style in this class. Raise some heat in the body and rest in between sequences. You can learn as a new student and perfect your practice as a more seasoned students.
Vinyasa Slow Flow (level 1 & 2) is for student with established knowledge of yoga Asana (posture). We move through a harmonious sequence of poses while giving plenty of time to build strength in a slow moving and less intensive Vinyasa Yoga practice. You will discover more in depth who you are and gently reconnect with the silent part of you. Learn yoga philosophy and apply it into your life.
Wool-Cotton Southwestern Mexican Vintage Blanket - Pastel Pink/ Baby Blue/ Burnt Sienna / White
Hand quality woven wool / cotton blanket. In great condition for a vintage blanket.
Great for Yoga, thick and lush. Soft and warm.
Can be use also for seat or table cover, picnic, car, horse back riding, wall decoration, and more. Valuable for its rare color and beautiful patterns.
Standard Size: 70" X 50" (approximately)
Colors are unique pastels: pastel pink, baby blue, burnt sienna, and white.
Price include $15 shipping. For pick up order $15 will be subtracted from total.
Total: $55 + Gross Receipt Tax
A great quality vintage standard size blanket handmade in Mexico. Perfect for yoga or any other usage such as picnic, seat cover, wall decoration, horse back riding, and more.
50% acrilyc and 50% cotton,
Heavy blanket tightly woven, feels soft and luscious
Vibrant colors: fuchsia, burgundy and black with short fringes
Size: 70" X 50" (approximately)
Price include $13 priority shipping in the USA. If you live nearby and want to pick it up, shipping will be subtracted.
Total: $35 + Gross Receipt Tax
What to bring and wear for class:
Vintage cotton & acrylic heavy blanket with vibrant colors. Feels very lushes and thick.
Extra Large size: 84" X 55" (approximately) 7' X 4.5'
Gorgeous multi color and unique style: Saddle brown, dark chocolate brown, royal blue, red, baby pink, medium sea green, pale green, and white.
Would make for a great yoga blanket, wall decoration, or keep on the coach for cold winter night.
Heavy well woven blanket with no deterioration.
In extremely good condition.
Total: $65 + Gross Receipt Tax
(Price include $13 S&H. For pick-up $13 will be deducted)
Vintage blankets, great for yoga, excellent quality and beautiful unusual pastel color.
Buy this blankets to suit your restorative yoga practice. Can be use also for seat or table cover, picnic, car, horse back riding, wall decoration, and more.
100% acrilyc and soft.
Color: baby pink, dark heather grey, black, white.
Regular size: 70" X 45" (each blanket)
Total: $42 + Gross Receipt Tax
The price includes Shipping & Handling ($15)